Smart Breakrooms can Encourage Employee Wellness in your Workforce
- By establishing a mix of healthier snacks and beverages that will comply with your standards as "Healthier Choices".
- By incentivizing employees at the kiosk to participate in the company wellness program by offering incentives for purchasing "healthy" items.
- By meeting with a wellness consultant or committee representative to ensure the market is in line with the goals of the company.
- By producing company specific marketing material to advertise and inform the benefits of the initiative to your workforce.
Healthier Employees = Better Productivity and Less Absenteeism
Wellness programs have often been viewed as a nice extra, not a strategic imperative. But newer evidence tells a different story:
- Medical costs fall by about $3.27 for every individual participating in a healthier lifestyle.
- 19% reduction in absenteeism, and a savings of $264 per employee, per year for on-site employee wellness programs.
- 70% fewer sick days for employees participating in wellness programs than those opting out.